Providing Energy for Human Progress
Chevron is one of the world's largest integrated energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., we conduct business worldwide. We are engaged in every aspect of the crude oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production, manufacturing, marketing and transportation, chemicals manufacturing and sales, geothermal energy, and power generation. We're also investing in renewables and advanced technologies.
We trace our earliest roots to an 1879 oil discovery at Pico Canyon, north of Los Angeles, Calif., which led to the formation of the Pacific Coast Oil Co. That company later became Standard Oil Co. of California and, subsequently, Chevron. We took on the name "Chevron” when we acquired Gulf Oil Corp., in 1984, nearly doubling our worldwide proved oil and gas reserves. Our merger with Gulf was at that time the largest in U.S. history.
Another major branch of the family tree is The Texas Fuel Company, which was formed in Beaumont, Texas, in 1901. It later became known as The Texas Company and eventually Texaco. In 2001, our two companies merged. The acquisition of Unocal Corporation in 2005 strengthened Chevron's position as an energy industry leader, increasing our crude oil and natural gas assets around the world.
Our diverse and highly skilled global workforce consists of approximately 60,000 employees and about 4,000 service station employees.
In 2009, Chevron produced 2.7 million barrels of net oil-equivalent per day, 7 percent higher than in 2008. About 73 percent of that volume occurred outside the United States. Chevron had a global refining capacity of more than 2 million barrels of oil per day at the end of 2009.
Our marketing network supports retail outlets on six continents. And we have invested in 13 power-generating facilities in the United States and Asia.
Technology and Emerging Energy
Technology is propelling our growth. We're focusing on technologies that improve our chances of finding, developing and producing crude oil and natural gas.
We also are investing in the development of emerging energy technologies, such as finding better ways to make nonfood-based biofuels, integrating advanced solar technology into our operations and expanding our renewable energy resources.
Environment and Safety
As a company and as individuals, we take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live and work.
We also care about the environment and are proud of the many ways in which our employees work to safeguard it.
Our persistent efforts to improve on our safe work environment continue to pay off. In 2009, Chevron maintained a days-away-from-work injury rate that is among the best in the industry.
We recognize that the world needs all the energy we can develop, in every potential form. That's why our employees work daily to find newer, cleaner ways to power the world.
To sustain profitable growth and build the organizational capability, Chevron in Indonesia is now searching for experienced Indonesian nationals who posses relevant educational background, technical, and behavior competencies to join the company in the following opportunities :
- Earth Scientist S1 Geophysics Duri
- MAINTENANCE PLANNER S1 Electrical Engineering (Power),Instrumentation,Mechanical Engineering,Physic Engineering Salak
- OPERATION ASSURANCE REPS S1 Chemical Engineering,Electrical Engineering (Power),Electronic Engineering,Mechanical Engineering All Location (Sumatra/Riau, East Kalimantan, Jakarta/Java)
- MARINE QA/QC SPECIALIST S1 Marine Engineering,Naval Engineering Pasir Ridge
- Project Cost Controller S1 Chemical Engineering,Civil Engineering,Computer Engineering/Science,Electrical Engineering (Power),Electronic Engineering,Industrial Engineering,Informatics Engineering,Material/Metallurgy Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Petroleum Engineering,Physic Engineering,Telecommunication Engineering All Location (Sumatra/Riau, East Kalimantan, Jakarta/Java)
- Communication Specialist S1 Aeronautics,Agricultural & Food,Architecture Engineering,Biotechnology,Chemical Engineering,Civil Engineering,Computer Engineering/Science,Electrical Engineering (Power),Electronic Engineering,Environmental Engineering,Geodetic,Geology,Geophysics,Industrial Engineering,Informatics Engineering,Instrumentation,Marine Engineering,Material/Metallurgy Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Meteorology,Mining Engineering,Naval Engineering,Nuclear engineering,Petroleum Engineering,Physic Engineering,Safety Engineering,Telecommunication Engineering,Communication,Economic and Business Management,English
All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for further process.
This vacancy is eligible only for Indonesia citizen
If you are interested, please apply to :