Our Upstream businesses explore for and extract crude oil and natural gas, often in joint ventures with international and national oil companies. We liquefy natural gas by cooling and transport it to customers across the world. We also convert natural gas to liquids (GTL) to provide cleaner burning fuels. Upstream markets and trades natural gas and power in support of our businesses. We extract bitumen – an especially thick, heavy oil – from mined oil sands and convert it to synthetic crude oil. We are also developers of wind power as a means to generate electricity.
Our Upstream businesses are grouped into two organisational units: Upstream Americas, covering the Americas, and Upstream International, covering the rest of the world with major interests in Europe, Asia/Middle East/Russia, Australia/Oceania and Africa.
Our Downstream organisation is made up of a number of businesses. Collectively these turn crude oil into a range of refined products, which are moved and marketed around the world for domestic, industrial and transport use. These include fuels, lubricants and bitumen.
Our manufacturing business includes Refining, Supply and Distribution. Marketing includes our Retail, Business to Business (B2B), Lubricants and Alternative Energies and CO2. Our Chemicals business has dedicated Manufacturing and Marketing units of its own. We also trade crude oil, oil products and petrochemicals primarily to optimise feedstock for our Manufacturing business and to supply our Marketing business. Our CO2 organisation is responsible for coordinating and driving CO2 management activities across the company.
The global network of Shell Trading companies encompasses Shell’s trading activities in every major energy market around the world. We also manage one of the world's largest fleets of liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers and oil tankers.
As part of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group (Shell), one of the world’s leading oil and gas companies, Shell Indonesia shares a rich history with Indonesia that reaches back over 100 years. PT. Shell Indonesia with major operation in downstream business at the moment manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil productsdirectly as well as through its appointed distributors.
Shell Indonesia is also seriously looking at oil and gas exploration opportunities and plan to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.
To find out more and to apply,
visit www.shell.com/careers -> Profesional s -> How Do I Apply -> 3 Ways To Get A Job With Shell -> Shell Recruitment Day
As part of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group (Shell), one of the world’s leading oil and gas companies, Shell Indonesia shares a rich history with Indonesia that reaches back over 100 years. PT. Shell Indonesia with major operation in downstream business at the moment manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributorsShell Indonesia is currently looking for talented Graduates to join us in 2012. Successful candidate may start off in any one of the following area:
National Key Account Manager
Balikpapan (Kalimantan Timur), Jakarta Raya
- Develop and execute the local growth plan for platinum Key Accounts working with the Global Mining Sector/Account Managers and local Sales,Marketing,Technical teams.
- Prospect and manage existing key account customers in order to achieve the sales target,proceed,credit performance including monitoring the performance,by implementing CVP.
- Plan business opportunities,and ensure regular engagement driving quality implementation,aligning global/local priorities and resources
- Managing local OEMs contacts as well as regional OEMs.
- Ensure strong,proactive pricing discipline and actions,aligned with Sales Manager,MoA,approved account strategy and local market dynamics
- Ensure proper credit control and debt collection and to assist distributor in establishing and implementing good credit supplier,including discount/rebate and pricing control within delegated guidelines.
- Manage complex interfaces in target customers and through the use of Sales 1st Disciplines (such as Call Planning,Call Reporting,Account Planning and Pipeline Management),win growth opportunities for new business,cross sell and up sell.
- Provide problem solving and technical support to customers with the help of technical Team
- Lead new business and local contract negotiations ensuring adherence to the PCN,Local Offer Book,Manual of Authorities & ensuring local contract in place in line with PCNs.
- Manage the customer management in the area of contract negotiation,handling customer complaints,recovering debt,customer hospitality.
- Role model use of Value Selling,CVP’s,Sales tools (Sales CRM,MI/Customer 360 & DMAP),understanding & achieving Sales Expectations & Behavioural standards
- Identify market trends & opportunities and competitor activities.
- Ensure that the input from the sector Sales Pipeline to S&OP process is consistent & accurate.
- Implement and review sales forecast by volume,product and territory,and to prepare operational sales plan per area per respective key account customers by combining/implementing marketing plans and marketing initiatives liaising with marketing implementer. Implement promotions and technical training activity programs included in the marketing plans.
- Adhere to the Life Saving Rules,ensuring that behaviour reflects Shells HSSE culture and policy whether at our premises,travelling or at customer sites
- Give accurate Demand Forecast inputs to S&OP
- Sales experience & proven success winning profitable business, Degree/Post Graduate degree in marketing or business and 5- 8 years experiences in mining operation or 5- 8 years experiences in managing key accounts in mining sector. Technical / Engineering background will be a must. Evidence of delivery through others
- Demonstrated excellent experience in negotiation skills, influencing skills, and project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and networking skills.; including ability and experience to manage high level relationships within large complex key accounts.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer/channel relationships and work in a team-orientated environment.
- Championing the focus upon up & cross selling and the execution of the Mining CVP both directly and through others.
- Encouraging knowledge sharing within and outside the team, recognising success and in particular the contribution of support functions.
- Working at multiple interfaces in target customers (High level management, Procurement, Technical, Operation)
- Capacity to work virtually with multiple stakeholders, contributing to Sales Reviews, sharing good practise and market/customer intelligence, and prioritising actions for local execution
- Effectively dealing with stakeholders to align varying priorities, timing and resources in a virtual context where delivering through self as well as via influence is essential
- Strong verbal English and good written English
Country Communications Manager
- Provide strategic counsel to Country Chair (CCH) and Country Co-ordination Team (CCT),visiting Executive Committee (EC) Members and wider leadership on engagement with external and internal stakeholders to achieve cross-business goals and enhance RDS license to operate
- Reputation & brand management in-country
- Implementing the strategy and execution (against KPI’s) of the agreed Reputation Campaigns in ‘country’ to continuously build a positive differentiated brand and reputation for Shell internally and externally
- Build, maintain and manage a network of key external stakeholders and relationships with organizations of Group interest from an international public policy and reputation standpoint including government,media,academia multilateral organizations and NGOs in line with the Centre of Excellence (CoE) standards and policies.
- Lead the development and implementation of local communications strategies and plans (both internal and external) for Upstream and Downstream businesses in ‘country’ to achieve local business goals (in line with global business Reputation strategies as well as Internal Communications CoE standards, tools and policy)
- Manage local disclosure process and consistency of message in ‘country’, in conjunction with Group Media, IR and Legal and according to global processes
- Provide guidance and support to Country CCT on crisis & issues management, ensuring a suitable crisis plan is maintained and updated, crisis teams are trained and exercises held and evaluated to ensure crisis preparedness and provide assurance on the crisis preparedness process. Contribute to crisis resolution via Corporate Affairs participation in Crisis Management Team (CMT) and CMT support teams. Improve crisis readiness and share best practice.
- Work closely with regional Government Relations (GR) ,Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) ,Sustainable Development & Social Performance resources to identify and mitigate potential risks and issues that could potentially harm Shells reputation and escalate potential crisis to CCH as appropriate.
- Build, maintain and manage Social Investment and Social Performance programmers in line with CoE standards and policies
- Manage Communications budget in ‘country" and develop local talent and ensure professional succession planning is in place.
Support Campaign Implementation:
- Work closely with the relevant global campaign managers, obtaining their expertise for campaign implementation at the local level and drawing on the global toolkit of materials developed for campaign implementation (minimize re-work of toolkit materials to ensure globally consistent messaging)
- Actively work with Campaign leads at global and regional level to support local adaptation and implementation in country, and intervene if needed;
- Work with Global Campaign Managers to re-direct and re-focus campaigns based on impact in external landscape and as measured through agreed metrics;
- Manage local campaign implementation budget effectively.
- Senior, experienced communications professional with over 10 years' experience (preference with experience in Oil & Gas Industry)
- Demonstrable understanding of the business - gained in operating company or global business environment inside or outside Shell;
- Able to think strategically and translate business objectives into multi channel strategies / plans;
- Ability to secure the trust of senior leaders personal behaviors and performance;
- Strong communications background with track record experience in external affairs and/or media management;
- Self-starter showing high degree of personal initiative, drive, and desire to come up with new business targeted creative solutions;
- Proven skills to deliver under time pressure
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
Jakarta Selatan (Jakarta Raya) - Talavera Office
- Provide concise,accurate,comprehensive and timely Direct and Indirect tax advice to all business stakeholders and projects in Indonesia,with a focus on Downstream tax matters but also covering Upstream activities. Especially with evolving business dimensions, external changes, ambiguous local legislation implementation details.
- Act as principal liaison to, and build and maintain excellent business relationships with, tax authorities and other government bodies such as BPH Migas/BP Migas stakeholders and key business contacts including counterparts in JV partners and other Oil & Gas companies.
- Represent company in tax audits and appeals processes,proactively negotiating and agreeing tax disputes to an optimal solution for company
- Monitor developments in country tax legislation and develop contacts with tax consultants and tax authorities in Indonesia in order to ensure all projects and processes are being properly advised.
- Manage risks from fast-paced growth.
- Broad experience in business taxation working for multinational, or a professional firm with both upstream and downstream experience. At least 10-15 years experiences
- Recognized professional qualification and member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body. Solid knowledge of local tax legislation with particular emphasis on oil & gas industry fiscal regime.
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral.
- Effective ability to debate tax issues competently with fiscal authorities;
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and effective at influencing others.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations.
- Manage change in a fast growing business environments
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business.
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
- Strong motivation and drive to deliver changes, to improve processes and results
Marketing Implementer - Non Fuels
- An exciting role in the fast growing Retail organization of Indonesia. The role entails the localization and delivery of the marketing agenda in close cooperation with regional and global marketing, local sales, support functions whilst leveraging current and future partnerships with third parties for Payment and Loyalty (PayLo),Convenience Retailing and Lubricants.
- Indonesia is uniquely placed as it has now established key partnerships with renowned local and international brands in terms of driving customer and key segments of opportunities with key partnership in Indonesia. The role provides outstanding development opportunities and combines hands-on delivery of marketing plans, to market and competitor analyses and (regional) project work in the areas of network development,pricing,customer satisfaction and customer retention and acquisition. Role spans all areas of marketing from promotion to pricing to place to product
- University degree with business and/or marketing background
- Experience in brand management and/or customer value proposition (CVP) development, project management and task-oriented goals
- Experience in FMCG industry will be a plus
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented; ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders
- Good spoken and written English.
- Ability to work with raw data to build management reports; experienced skill level in the use of Microsoft tools, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Sound competences in analyzing marketing insights for consumer, customer, category and competitors
Retail Network Planner
- Create detailed masterplan of area based on terms of reference,i.e. Concentration Principle
- Run economic evaluation for business case proposals
- Volume forecasting
- Research on demographics,infrastructural changes and development of focused area
- Participate in network planning session
- Analyse data of existing network in order to propose optimisation actions
- Conduct initial project feasibility analysis for all projects in the detailed masterplan,i.e. volume potential,economics evaluation,etc.
- Assist implementers at later stage when the project execution commences
- We continue to build a professional retail organization. We, therefore, believe that candidates will have more chances to be successful in their applications for retail vacancies if they have professional retail experience and a good overall understanding of the retail business.
- We are nevertheless not excluding the possibility that outstanding candidates without retail experience could be selected.
- Additional comments Retail Network experience is an advantage.
- University/college degree is required.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Ambitious individual with strong self-motivation, able to work without supervision, disciplined and ready to spend significant time on his/her own.
- Very strong team player.
- Proven competence in negotiation and dealing with external partners.
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to manage relationships at all levels.
- Experience of working in a virtual environment and delivering projects in an international experience is required.
- Strong external focus, bringing in innovations in response to market changes.
- Strong credibility (or proven willingness and capability to improve) and good reputation in the Leadership and Personal and business skills.
Transport Compliance Coordinator
- To ensure compliance of Shell road transport activities with all legal, Shell global HSSE policies/standards, Road Transport contracts, Costs, Processes and other relevant requirements.
- To manage road transport contracts and ensure compliance towards contract requirements
- To close engagement with key stakeholders to plan, , prepare and manage fleet and scope changes as per business needs and overall enterprise requirements.
- To conduct onsite controls of drivers (including Driver Trainers if relevant) / vehicles (incl. vehicle maintenance procedure) to ensure full compliance of all activities fulfilled by the hauliers and drivers with legal requirements and global Shell standards
- To conduct site risk assessments at retail customer sites and depots to ensure full compliance with all Shell requirements, drive issue solutions if necessary
- To manage Road Transport (RT) Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) activities/programs (including RT HSSE Case, HSSE Programs for hauliers and drivers, etc) and ensure local road transport contracts are consistent with common global and local vehicle specifications and global HSSE standard. To engage hauliers and stimulate them to apply a culture of proactive HSSE management in their operations/amongst their drivers and other staff Promote HSSE Best Practice and other improvement initiatives and support their implementation
- To participate in incident investigation and follow up on implementation of agreed action plan.
- To analyses and communicate all learning’s from incidents in own operations as well as from other parts of the world.
- To ensure that Contractors/Hauliers have in place an effective recruitment and training procedure for drivers and staff, that meets Shell requirements.
- To represent Shell during driver meetings and defensive driving trainings
- To monitor and report operational Road Transport KPIs
- To carry out haulier audits and to agree on improvement programmes with them including setting and following-up of targets.
- To provide support to any company initiatives (e.g., Portfolio, Optimization projects, etc.) where there is Road Transport involvement.
- To give support to marketing for issues at the interface of Distribution and Customer delivery sites.
- As local Subject Matter Expert focal point on Technical Matters of Road Transport matters (including vehicle and standards/specifications) for hauliers to refer to, and in close liaison with Group Road Transport Expertise Centre.
- Minimum Bachelor in Engineering (preferred) or Management from a reputable University
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, preferably in supply chain
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Deep knowledge of HSSE standards and local legislation
- Good Audit and incident analysis skills
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Computer literate (minimum MS Office)
- Good knowledge of road transport operations including technical aspects
- Knowledge/Skill on contract negotiation, contract management and freight economics